Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving that was..

The thanksgiving that was............

whoo........ what a rideeeeee. It has been a whirlwind couple weeks visiting family and remembering what we are blessed with.  :)  First- a surpise visit from my aunt and uncle who live in Indiana.. they stopped in to visit my Grandma and decided to surpise my mom and visit her a home- and we all came to visit.  I didn't have Vincent with me since he went with his other Grandma but they got to meet victoria and play with her a bit and chat.  It was a nice visit.  They are moving to FL so I don't know how often we will see them now because it is SO cold here, and warm down there :p

Now.. the day before thanksgiving...... I had decided well- my kids are going to be meeting family so that means.. they get scrubbed until they are shiny and cleaned and vincent needed a small... trim to look nice.   So, I decided ok I am going to put victoria down and- she is a squrimy little thing so she can wriggle kinda-creep to get things.. I was busy and cutting vincent's hair.. he was sitting there whining because he doesn't want to get his hair cut and im like too bad.. we are seeing Great-Grandma Marie (for those that don't know- Victoria's middle name is from her ) :) so we have to get your hair cut and you bathed so you are all pretty for her.  He was not happy. I am like I promise if you let me finish you can have some skittles (ah bribing a 2 year old and i said i would NEVER bribe my children HA HA good parenting!!!) he sat willing for a few skittles ok...... so we are done and I trim a bit of the bangs.. he protested loudly...... and wriggled...... therefore..... now he has curvy styling bangs! I tell him YOU DID that to YOURSELF.. mommy only held the sciccors.. and he giggles. man.. 2 year olds. Vincent laughs and says Look baby mama!!! ( look at the baby mama!)
I looked............. and...... Tori...... bless her heart.... had a pen in her mouth............... and pen lines allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over her face..... on her nose.. on her forehead......... and on her sweet chubby cheeks......... dear child.  we have thanksgiving tomorrow.............and you are meeting Great Grandma Marie and Great-Grandpa Don and you have pen marks all over your face- oh great and you giggle at me.  Vincent was laughing.  I was like are you telling her to do that?????!
oh dear......... now what do I do............. thank goodness......... baby wipe got most of it off..... then a little of baby oil worked for the rest of it....... and she was a beautiful baby again. Vincent is running around at this point with his curvy headbangs rocking his new "hair-cut" how i love my crazy life these days! 

the next day was thanksgiving and we spent it with don and marie and andys mom's siblings and Vincent ran around being his usual very happy chatty self and wanted to play a lot and colored and threw his pooh around while the game was still going and he clapped a few times when the packers got a TD... he was exicted about the game.  victoria was her usual diva self.. very upset when we got there and took a bit to calm down then she accepted that other people were going to hold her and she tolerated it pretty well........ it is a never ending guessing game with her.. some days she is fine and accepts other people to hold her and talk to her.. and other days she only wants her mama and daddy. :) 
Friday was a very quiet day for us............ we spent time together as a family and decorated our tree.. tis very beauitful. Vincent helped me with it and rearranged the xmas lights just so... and he was running backand forth with me to fix the green leaves and setting up the lights.. it was a precious 2 year old memory with him always.  Tori was sleeping but when she woke up she got to see the lights.. and she likes it but she is not suepr interested in right now.... :) 


it was a beautiful quiet weekend.......... with time with family. I remind myself.. even with the craziness that surronds me everyday.... I am truly blessed and thankful for my kids and Andy...... my life would be so different without them :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment